Thursday, October 6, 2016

Lip Monthly, October 2014: L.A. Girl Eyeliner in Brown-Black

Hi Makeup Lovers!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the beauty items I received from Lip Monthly for the month of October 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service for $10.00 a month. If you sign up for multiple months at a time you get the first bag for $2.99 or $5.99 and then $10.00 each for the following months. I ended up spending a total of about $35.00.

In this blog I am going to be talking about L.A. Girl Eyeliner in Brown-Black. I was really excited to see that I got another eyeliner to try, but when I saw that it was not waterproof I got really disappointed. I cannot wear anything on my eyes that is not waterproof because it causes major problems. The product leaks in my eyes and then my eyes start watering and I start rubbing and then the whole thing is a mess! I am even more disappointed because I tried this eyeliner and it would have been an absolute killer eyeliner if it was waterproof. The formula of the pencil is smooth, easy to apply to upper and lower lash line, and is really pigmented! I have to see if L.A. Girl sells this similar eyeliner in waterproof!

Description:

LA Girl Eyeliner: the first step towards that nude lip / smokey eye combo that we all love.
No price listed.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Package: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I purchase: 3/10
Total rating: 80/90=88.88%=88.9%=B

My personal rating: 7/10= 70%=C

Comments:
The Lip Monthly insert did not have price so I went to the official L.A. Girl website and they are selling them for $3.00. I think that is an excellent price and I would totally pay that amount if it was waterproof, but worked like this one! The packaging is super cute! I'm pretty sure you can sharpen this pencil as need to. I'm not sure how far it goes though. The packaging says there is 1.3 grams of product in this pencil. I think the amount of awesome product you get for the price is really good! The pigment on this eyeliner is absolutely awesome! It has really nice pigment! The application of this eyeliner is smooth, easy on both the upper and lower lash line, and the pigment is really good. You don't have to press hard or twist in weird ways to get this product on. Unfortunately, I can't take off points for it not being a long wearing eyeliner because the brand does not promote this eyeliner as long wearing. It really sucks to be me... I have to figure out a way that I can wear this and make it waterproof! The texture is smooth and creamy for a sharpening pencil that I have ever used. It doesn't feel heavy or like it's weighing down or anything. Overall, you can tell I love this product and I so badly want to give it an amazingly glowing review, but my eyes have to have waterproof makeup there is no ands, ifs or buts about it. For all of you who can wear this eyeliner without having to worry about it leaking into your eyes are super lucky to have this eyeliner! I am totally jealous. I want to find a waterproof eyeliner just like this one that has pigment, goes on smooth, is easy to apply to the lash lines... one day I will find that product and then you can be jealous, lol. Just kidding! If I can figure out a way to seriously waterproof it I would totally buy this eyeliner and in many different colors! I would definitely recommend this product for those who have normal or dry eyes because oily eyes cause the product to leak into the eyes causing all kinds of terrible problems. Normal and dry people enjoy this product!

I have absolutely no problems giving a great product two thumbs up even if I can't use it because the product stands up to the testing criteria. This product is really good and I really do wish I could use it. 

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment