Friday, October 14, 2016

Lip Monthly, December 2014: Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in #03 Luminous

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the products I received from the beauty subscription service called Lip month for the month of December 2014. Lip Monthly is a lip focused beauty subscription service that costs $10.00 a month if you jump on their deals. Lip Monthly used to give 4 lip products and 1 non-lip product. This December bag was the only bag that I had not received 5 products in. That was a bit disappointing, but this bag came with only lip products which was cool. They were all full sized which is even cooler.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing the Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in #03 Luminous. As soon as I saw this product and the fact that I'm pretty sure this is a full size product I could not wait to try it. I have heard of Milani, I think it's a drugstore brand but don't quote me on that, but the color looks beautiful inside of the clear packaging. I could not wait to try this product! I think I heard a few good reviews of the Milani lip glosses on Youtube.

Description:

Milani
Brilliant Shine Gloss $4.99

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Taste: 9/10
Different lip types: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I purchase: 10/10
Total rating: 118/120=98.33%=98.3%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A

Comments:
Oh my... I think I'm in love with this product, lol. I love the price! I have absolute no complaints. I would spend $4.99 especially on this lip gloss! The packaging surprised me because it is freaking huge. I expected the product for Milani to be average or small, but this is a huge package. I honestly think that this is the biggest package I have ever seen for a lip gloss. It is huge! The packaging says this has 0.21 fluid ounces. Most lip glosses that I have seen or reviewed have been about 0.09 fluid ounces. Kudos to Milani! The packaging has a hard plastic exterior that is pretty thick but clear so you can see inside to see the product. The cap is a twist and has a doe foot applicator in the cap like most lip glosses. I definitely think you get above and beyond enough product, especially for the price. This lip gloss is not described as long lasting/long wearing/waterproof so it lasts as much as a normal lip gloss would. It also depends on if you are eating, drinking, licking your lips, etc. The application of this lip gloss is smooth and even. It goes on very well. Since this lip gloss is called brilliant shine I would assume that the focus is on the shine and not on the pigment. This lip gloss has a very faint pigment that is pretty, but the shine is out of this world. If you want shine with this product, you got it! The smell of this lip product is sweet and smells really good. That's the first thing I noticed about it was the somewhat strong sweet smell. It kind of smells sweet like vanilla. The texture of this lip product is that it is smooth, but it does feel a bit thick on the lips. It doesn't feel super thick or anything, but you can tell there is a product on your lips. It doesn't feel sticky or anything. The taste of the product is that it does taste a bit waxy and definitely not as good as it smells. I think that this product should have no problem being applied to normal to dry lips. The glossy super shine covers up a lot of imperfections such as dry lips, if you have any discoloration in the lips, it is gorgeous! Overall, this product really surprised me with the price, with how huge the packaging is, and how shiny/glossy it is! I absolutely love it! You definitely don't have to ask me twice, I would definitely buy this product!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment