Wednesday, October 5, 2016

IPSY, October 2014: Albertini International Warm Love Pumpkin Exfoliating Mask

Hi!


My birthday month was coming up in September so a month or so beforehand I decided to get on the IPSY waitlist. In really late August or Early September IPSY did their promotional thing where if you liked a bunch of youtube channels and allowed IPSY to post on your facebook page then you could get off the waitlist, so I ended up doing that. But I didn't end up getting my first IPSY bag until October 2014 which I was kind of sad about. Oh well. What really interested me in trying the beauty subscription IPSY is that it was $10.00 and the fact that people raved about how you were able to customize your bag to your likes by filling out a beauty quiz and being able to review products. I thought that was super cool! But ultimately after 4 months I ended up cancelling IPSY because IPSY kept sending me products that were not on my beauty quiz and I only rated the products I loved. I don't want to give a product a negative review when it's not that the product is bad or doesn't work for me, it's only that I did not specify I wanted to receive that product. They should make a button for that specific purpose that says something along the lines of did not request item or got too many of this item because I noticed I would get 1 hand and 1 face product pretty much in each bag. I did not request face or hand products. The one that really killed me was the dang hairspray! I don't use hairspray. I also noticed from watching other people on youtube receiving their IPSY bags with the #1 coveted makeup item that were never in my bag. I forgot now what item it was, but I think it might have been a Smashbox item. I did notice there were other items.  I'm not sure what the purpose of the beauty quiz and reviewing of the items is for, but it didn't help my bags and I also noticed maybe some popularity issues came out. If you had a lot of subscribers then you got really good products and if you didn't then you got the crap products they couldn't send to the big youtube followers. I guess that is really how I felt about IPSY, that I was getting left over stuff no one wanted and stuff that I didn't even want. Sorry about the long complaint.

IPSY gives inserts, but they don't list beauty products and prices. I don't know if they changed that or not, but in my IPSY bags I got an insert with advertisements. In this specific blog I am going to be talking about Albertini International Warm Love Pumpkin Exfoliating Mask. I have never heard of this brand and I was not excited about receiving an exfoliating mask. I already got a hand lotion and a facial cleanser. But since I had it I figure I might as well try it out. I think this is my first time reviewing an exfoliating mask so please bear with me.

IPSY includes an insert without descriptions or prices.

Rating:

Price: 6/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Application: 8/10
Smell: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Different skin types: 10/10
For sensitive skin: 3/10
Exfoliating/mask: 7/10
Overall rating: 6/10
Would I purchase: 0/10
Total rating: 79/110=71.81%=71.8%=C

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
The price of this product according to the official albertini international website is 5 fluid ounces for $23.00. That's still more than I would personally like to spend, especially on an exfoliating item. I bought a clean and clear at my local Walmart that does the job for like $5.00-$6.00. I get more product and more uses. I'm good. I should probably invest in a better quality exfoliater since I'm 30 now, but I don't need to pay $23.00 for one. The packaging comes in a tube type that you squeeze the tube to get the product out. It comes with a cap that twists on and off. For a sample size it's not bad you get 0.5 fluid ounces and could probably get two to three uses out of it. The actual packaging is 5 fluid ounces for $23.00 so that would be $23.00/5 fluid ounces= $4.60 per ounce. That's a bit more than I would like to but it's not as bad as some other products that I have seen. I would have to see the actual amount of the 5 fluid ounce packaging, how many uses and see how well it works. I guess it seems like a decent amount of product. The application is kind of difficult because when you squeeze the product out it either comes out too much or not at all. I found that a bit frustrating. Otherwise it goes on smooth, but you have to really work on getting the product even on the skin. The smell of this exfoliating mask is pumpkin which I am not a fan of pumpkin smell, but it's not overly offensive to me to the point of not being able to use the product. I don't hate it and I don't love it. This product definitely has a pumpkin smell to it. For an exfoliater, surprisingly, the texture is actually quite smooth. I'm used to the exfoliaters that have the beads in them and it feeling grainy. This does not have that at all. It looks like a thick lotion. By the way, when the website says this product is warming, they don't be psychologically in your head, but it actually comes with a warming feature in the product. I have never experienced that before. It's kind of cool. Because this product is not grainy, but smooth like a lotion all skin types from oily to normal to dry should be able to use this product. I have very sensitive skin so I usually know within the first few minutes if a product is irritating my skin in any way and this product and it didn't until after I took the product off is when I realized the warming sensation is not agreeing with my cheeks. The rest of my face is fine, which is usually around my jaw line is where I feel the reaction, but this time it was on my sensitive cheeks. I feel like this product does exfoliate. I'm not sure if this is weird or not, but I find it to be, it wants you to cleanse first and then use this exfoliater. The official website says to use it after you cleanse your face. The packaging says apply to clean, dry skin. That leads me to believe it also wants me to cleanse before exfoliating. I think it would take using the product a few weeks to a month to get real results, but my face does feel exfoliated. I don't think that calling this product a mask is appropriate because it's not an actual mask. It's more of a thick lotion. When I think of a mask I think of those products that you put on that stick to your face and you have to peel off. I would just call this an exfoliater. I don't see any dry or dead skin cells. Overall, this product does a good job of exfoliating the face. I think it is a bit weird that you put this product on after.

FYI: the warming sensation caused my sensitive cheeks to turn bright red and feel a bit raw. I didn't know the product was doing that until after I took it off. I could see the color and it was very sensitive, especially to the touch! If you have very sensitive skin like me just becareful when using this product! I would not recommend using it.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment