Monday, October 10, 2016

IPSY, November 2014: J Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about products I got through the beauty subscription service called IPSY for November 2014. IPSY is a $10.00 a month beauty subscription service where you get 5 sample or deluxe sample sizes. The products range from hair to face to brushes to eye shadow to lipsticks to eye liners to mascaras to face washes. I have to give them credit, they do have a lot of variety of beauty products to try out. They also seem to carry many different brands from low end to medium to high end.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the J Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion. I love the fact that IPSY put this lip product in a clear plastic bag inside of their bag because I recently saw someone posted a photo of this similar J Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in their Lip Monthly bag, and it was not put in a clear plastic bag, and the product leaked all over the bag and other makeup and everything. It looked like a huge mess! I give kudos to IPSY for thinking ahead! I had previous received J Cat Beauty products that really excited me, but I had not received a Wonder Lip Paint. I was really excited to try it because I have never heard of or tried a wonder lip paint before. The only thing that makes me sad is that in the packaging it looks like a beautiful purple/violet color, but on the lips it looks more red. I would have loved if the pigment of it was actually purple and not more on the red side. I have never reviewed a lip paint before so please bear with me!

IPSY does not include descriptions or prices.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 7/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 9/10
Longevity: 7/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
Texture: 7/10
Taste: 7/10
On different lip types:10/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I purchase: 7/10
Total rating: 100/120=83.33%=83.3%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments:
According to the official J Cat Beauty website this product is $4.99 for each lip paint. I think that is an excellent price because you get a lot of product for that price. It will definitely give quite a few uses out of it.  The packaging is a clear plastic tube that you squeeze to get the product out, but I personally would prefer it came with a brush of it's own or in a different container because I have seen this product be super messy and it is messy. I have not personally had any product leaks, but some girl posted a picture on the Lip Monthly website where she got a J Cat Beauty lip paint product and they didn't put it in a plastic bag and it got all over her products and bad. I definitely think the packaging should be different for this type of product. I'm thinking maybe a jar of some kind. You definitely get a lot of product, especially for the price! I had to take off a point for pigment because even though this lip paint is super pigmented, in the package and when squeezed out the product looks like this beautiful deep purple color, but when applied to lips it turns into a deep red color. I would have absolutely loved if it was actually purple and not red. The pigment is definitely buildable! The application of this product is interesting because I would definitely recommend using some kind of tool to apply this product to the lips, especially if you want it to look good and apply even. The longevity of this product is described as long wearing, but I'm not sure if it is because it is so pigmented that the pigment lasts a long time or because it is actually supposed to be long wearing. If it's the first one which is the pigment is so intense that it lasts a long time then yes I agree, but if it is the second of long wearing then no because I just touched my finger to my lips and product came off. I just kissed my hand and a huge amount of product came off on my hand. I don't think it is actually long lasting/wearing lip product. The application is very smooth. It is too messy and dark to apply with fingers. I think this product was definitely meant to be used with a lip brush of some kind. This product has a bit of a chemical smell, it's not overpowering or horrible, but there is some there. The texture of this lip paint product is on the thicker side, but once applied to the lips feel very slightly weighed down, I can definitely feel I am wearing something on my lips, but it's not obnoxious and it doesn't way that much. There is some kind of tingly mint feeling on the lips though. I'm not sure if it's a chemical reaction on my lips or if they tried to make the lip paint minty... the tingly/minty feeling happens once in a while so it's not constant. Another texture I am getting from this lip product is wet, but eventually does dry, but feels like it has a lot of moisture in it. The taste of this product at first seems like nothing, but then you get this strong chemical mint taste. I don't like it. It's not overpowering or anything, but it's enough for me to notice. This product is good for different lip types from normal to dry. This lip paint is so smooth that you should have no problems sliding it on over dry lips and the dark color covers up any lines and stuff. Overall, I would love it better if the color was actually a deep purple like the package and product on hand look, but it is titled red potion. It is definitely red! The pigment is awesome and buildable. This product does have a weird tingly/mint thing going on when on the lips they tingle when lick it off it starts taking minty over time. I would definitely consider purchasing this product, but in different colors to test them out. I love the pigment.

***I just read the details on the official website and it says they added peppermint to it. Now that I know I'm not having an allergic reaction to the product and it is supposed to be there, I'm okay with it.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment