Thursday, October 6, 2016

Lip Monthly, October 2014: deVine Lip Shimmer in Pinot Noir

Hi !


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the beauty items I received from Lip Monthly for the month of October 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service for $10.00 a month. If you sign up for multiple months at a time you get the first bag for $2.99 or $5.99 and then $10.00 each for the following months. I ended up spending a total of about $35.00.

In today's blog I am going to be talking about deVine Lip Shimmer in Pinot Noir. I have never heard of this brand, but it's a lip product, so I am always willing to be a test subject for new lip products!


Description:

deVine Lip Shimmer: this sheer plum Shimmer is perfect for an understated Fall look. Pair it with a rich plum color and go from subtle-glam to all-out edge.
There is no price listed.

Rating:

Price: 6/10
Package: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Application: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 8/10
Texture: 9/10
Different lip types: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 7/10
Total rating: 106/120=88.33%=88.3%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments:
The Lip Monthly insert did not list price so I went to the official deVine shimmer website and they have it listed for $6.00. At that price I could buy an actual glass of wine and drink it, lol. For a lip shimmer that seems awfully high even for an all natural product. I'm not a fan of the price. The packaging is simple, but cute. It has a clear cap so you can see through it. It twists to get the product out. I think I just broke the packaging. Ugh. I swear tonight I am not having good luck with packaging at all! I twisted the product to see how much was in there and how far it would go, it came out, but didn't want to go back in so I had to push it in and it scraped the product and now it's a mess. It still goes up, but not down very well. I think that's my fault though. I shouldn't have twisted it all the way out. I will blame myself for that one. That stick of lip shimmer was like never ending. You get a few solid inches of product. I would say 3-4 inches long. It could definitely get a decent amount of uses out of it. This product is meant to be a lip shimmer so it's supposed to add some shine, but I will tell you that you do get a very light pigment of purple when applying this product to the lip. The more you layer it, the more sheer purple you see on the lip. Even though it's not advertised to have pigment it actually does have some pigment to it. I love it! The application process of this lip shimmer at first it feels very stiff and doesn't seem like it's going on, but it is. Once you get the first layer on it glides a lot more smoothly for the layers after. The application is somewhat uneven with the pigment, some areas you get more pigment than others, but the gloss is evenly distributed on the lip. This lip product seems to last about as long as any other lip product. It depends on what you do with it like licking your lips, eating, drinking, etc. I love the smell of this one too because it smells sweet and like grapes! I love the smell of it. Grape would be my number 1 favorite smell and cherry would be my number 2 favorite smell. This lip product does have a taste to it that is a bit bitter and noticeable. It's not overwhelming or overpowering, but there is some there. I think the texture of application is a bit stiff at first, but the product does feel smooth and light weight on the lips even with the slight pigment and even when layering this product. Even though this product is a bit stiff at first I think it should go over all different lip types from normal to oily to dry. The dry one might take a little bit more effort, but once the first layer is on there should not be any problems. Overall, this is a cute product! I love the grape sent and the hint of purple color! I love that I got to try it out. If the price was a bit lower I would definitely consider purchasing this product because it is really cute an it is 1. difficult to find grape scented products but 2. grape scented products that actually smell like sweet grapes and not like chemical grapes.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment