Thursday, October 13, 2016

IPSY, December 2014: Crown Crease/Shadow Brush

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing products that I received in my beauty subscription service called IPSY for December 2014. IPSY is a beauty subscription service that costs $10.00 a month or I think if you purchase all 12 months at the same time you get one month free. Unfortunately, since this service is so coveted, they usually have waitlists. I was on the waitlist for at least a month or month and a half before I had the opportunity to bypass the waitlist if I allowed IPSY to post on my facebook and I subscribed to a bunch of youtube videos. I was glad to do it to get off the list. You get decent sized products and I have always received at least 5 products in my bags. IPSY does have a beauty quiz that you take and you can review products that is supposed to help customize your bag, but I guess doing it for 4 months wasn't enough for it to get customized or they don't pay attention to the beauty quiz. I eventually cancelled my service because they were sending me a hand lotion, a face product, and a hair product in one bag and then two items may or may not be what I wanted to actually try.  I did not request any of those products on my quiz. It was really disappointing. I also have specific needs when it comes to eyes my mascaras and eye liners have to be waterproof otherwise it causes a lot of problems.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing Crown Crease/Shadow Brush. The brush comes with one handle and has each attachment on opposite sides. It's essentially a brush that is two in one. One side has the eye shadow brush and the other side has the crease brush. I don't mind two in one brushes. I was okay with getting a brush because I saw that I got eye shadow in the bag so I figured they included a brush because of the eye polish. I did specify on the beauty quiz that I did want to try out beauty products. I can't complain I guess.

IPSY does not include on their insert descriptions of products and prices.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Quality: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Design: 10/10
Bristle fallout: 10/10
Bristle feeling: 10/10
Eye shadow brush: 8/10
Eye crease brush: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 7/10
Total rating: 112/120=93.33%=93.3%=A

My personal rating: 8.5/10=85%=B

Comments:
According to the official Crown website they sell two versions of this brush, I'm not entirely sure what the difference is besides the price. One is $5.59 and the other is $6.99. The $6.99 says the C476 Crease/Shadow brush, but the other one doesn't have the letter and numbers. I usually buy the cheap E.L.F. brushes that get the job done for $1.00 or $3.00 a piece so I don't really see myself spending $6.99 on a brush, but it does come with two brushes so that's about $3.00 a piece. I guess if you think about it that way then the price doesn't seem so bad. The packaging is simple, but cute. The bar inbetween is black with silver bristle holders. The quality of the brush seems a lot better than the E.L.F. brushes, even the $3.00 studio versions. I have used this brush a few times to test it out and usually if the brush is not good then there is a lot of fallout no matter how much you use or don't use it. I have not experienced any fallout by using either brush. The application of the eye shadows is very good. The brush picks up product, but doesn't swallow the product so a lot of product does end up on your eye lids which I really like. I hate when brushes swallow product and you have to keep getting more and more. A lot of the E.L.F. brushes, especially the $1.00 I find not only have bad fallout but also swallow product. It's a good idea to have a decent brush because then you are not wasting a lot of product. The design of this brush is simple, but works. It's not too long and it's not too short for me personally. I think the shadow brush is a bit fluffier and a big bigger than it should be especially for my small eyes, but it works when I want eye shadow all over my lid. I love the crease brush because even though I have small eyes the crease brush fits right in my crease to put product in without it creating a mess. I would definitely recommend the crease brush, especially for people with small eyes like mine. It would work for people with bigger eyes too because then it would just give even more precision. I have not personally experienced any bristle fallout. I think the bristles feel really soft and not overly stiff to where it makes it difficult to work with. They are just right. I personally would like the shadow brush to be a bit smaller and a bit less fluffy. I love the crease brush because it fits in my small eye crease. I couldn't ask for anything more. Overall, these are not bad brushes. I am thinking about switching to this brush instead of the E.L.F. ones. I would definitely consider purchasing these.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment