Monday, October 10, 2016

IPSY, November 2014: Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Base in Submissive

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about products I got through the beauty subscription service called IPSY for November 2014. IPSY is a $10.00 a month beauty subscription service where you get 5 sample or deluxe sample sizes. The products range from hair to face to brushes to eye shadow to lipsticks to eye liners to mascaras to face washes. I have to give them credit, they do have a lot of variety of beauty products to try out. They also seem to carry many different brands from low end to medium to high end.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the Be a Bombshell Cosmetics eye base in Submissive. I have never heard of Be a Bombshell Cosmetics before, but I am really excited about trying this eye base product and I love the color that they sent me. The color is definitely something I could see myself wearing. It is a nude color like a brownish/tan color with shimmer. The product itself doesn't say anything about waterproof or long lasting which probably means that it isn't and I will have to wear a really good eye primer underneath or something. Hopefully that works!

IPSY insert does not include descriptions or prices.

Ratings:

Price: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment on fingers: 8/10
Pigment on eye lid: 6/10
Application: 10/10
Longevity: 6/10
Texture: 10/10
Blendability: 10/10
Different eye lids: 6/10
Overall rating: 6.5/10
Would I purchase: 3/10
Total rating: 93.5/120=77.91%=77.9%=C

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
According to the official Be a Bombshell Cosmetics website this product is listed for $6.00. It has a 5 star review on the website from 25 reviewers. I think the price of $6.00 is okay, but when compared to the $5.00 or $6.00 Maybelline 24Hr Color Tattoos are around that price and they are a better deal because they advertise to last unlike this eye base. As you know I need waterproof/long wearing makeup on or near my eyes. The price isn't bad, but I would rather spend my money on a product I would be able to use. The packaging is simple, but cute. It has a black lid with a shadowy pretty figure in white standing next to the letter b and the container itself is clear so you can see through it to see the product. On the bottom has a sticker with all of the info. It seems like you get a decent amount of product for the price. The pigment is super disappointing. The website reads, "a high pigmented," in the container and on the finger the pigment is decent, but when I applied the eye base to my eye it completely disappeared. All I could see was some very light tan shimmer. I do not agree that this product is a high pigment product. The color is absolutely beautiful, but it doesn't really show up. But I do agree that if you put this eye base on and then apply an eyeshadow over it that it does intensity the eyeshadow, unfortunately, it doesn't last before it starts fading out. This would be a really pretty color under the eye brow. The application of this product is super smooth and even. The longevity of this product on the website says that it is long lasting, but unfortunately, I am going to have to disagree with that claim because as I was putting the eyeshadow on it felt like the eye base was kind of sliding around or off. The product lightly stains, but after letting it dry for a few minutes it still felt like it was sliding off, but putting the eyeshadow on top of it kind of set the product in place. I don't see it lasting very long. The texture of this eye base is very smooth and creamy and once applied to the lid it does not feel heavy or weighted down. This eye base is easy to blend out, but the pigment suffers a little. The eyeshadows placed on top of this eye base are easy to blend on top of it too. On different eye lid types oily, normal, and dry I would say this is product is best for normal to dry eye lids because it slides easily and on oily lids I would think it would just slide off or break down easily. For all eye lids it would be good to put a good quality eyeshadow over this eye base because it helps ground it on the eye, but even then the eyeshadow starts fading and wouldn't last very long. It doesn't matter what type of eye lid you put this product on because the pigment fades and the product slides easily. Overall, the price isn't bad if it actually worked, but the pigment is not there even when I tried to do a second layer and it felt like the product was sliding off easily. I don't think that this product is long lasting unless you put a really good eyeshadow over the product to set it in place. I am good with paying a little bit more for the MAC paint pots because those work well with my oily eye lids. I love the color of it in the container and on the finger, but actually on the eye is not good. I don't feel the product is drying on my eye lid so it's easy to move it and slide off. The eye shadow on top of it is easy to take off. I just wiped it twice and it came off. I personally would not purchase this product because it doesn't do anything that it claims or that I need it to. I was really excited about this product and especially the color, but it was quite disappointing. This product seems to be designed for a model type who just stands there and looks pretty. I need makeup that is meant for on the go and lasts.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment