Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Lip Monthly, November 2014: Hikari Lipstick in Cabernet

HI!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing products I received in my beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly for November 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service that is $10.00 a month and focuses on lip products. They used to give 3-4 lip products and 1 non-lip product. I am not sure if they still do that or not, but I did notice that they went from giving 5 products to now giving 4 products in each bag.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing Hikari Lipstick in Cabernet. I had never heard of this brand. I think I might have received Hikari in my first Lip Monthly bag, but it was a different Hikari lip product. I am not a huge fan of lipsticks, but I am always willing to give new brands a try! I kind of wish they had sent this lipstick to me in a different color, but I don't normally tend to wear red lips very often. I like playing around with it and I wore super red lips to the store once, but I don't normally tend to do that. I'm not sure how much use I am going to get out of this color, but I'm definitely willing to give this brand and this lipstick a try.

Description:

Hikari Lipstick Full Size $13.00

Rating:

Price: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Pigment: 9/10
Smell: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Taste: 6/10
Different lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I purchase: 0/10
Total rating: 94/120=78.33%=78.3%=C

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
I think that the price of this product is a bit overpriced for what it is. There are cheaper, but better lipsticks out there. I just recently discovered that I really like the J Cat Beauty lipstick I got and the scent is a very close if not a dupe for the MAC lipsticks and the lipsticks are creamy. I honestly would not pay $13.00 for this lipstick. The packaging is cute. Instead of a round lipstick like most are this one comes in a black case that is square/rectangle shape. I have not had any problems with twisting the product up or down. I think that even for the price you do get a decent amount of lipstick that will get you quite a bit of uses. The application of this lipstick is fairly smooth and even. The longevity of this lipstick seems to be pretty good. The official website does call it long-lasting and I'm not entirely sure I agree with that because when I lick my lips the color stays on my lips, but when I pressed my lips to my arm, a lot of color came off. I guess if you are drinking or licking your lips a lot it will last, but if you kiss or rub up against something then the color transfers. I keep licking my lips and the color still stays on my lips. Although, I kissed my arm and color did come off. I think the pigment is okay and is a bit buildable. It is pigmented, but a matte pigmented so it is a bit flat/dull looking. This product does have a bit of a chemical smell. It's not strong and it doesn't last, but it is there. I don't like it. That smell does bother me. The texture of this lipstick is smooth and it doesn't feel heavy or weighted down on the lips. This lipstick has one of the worst tastes I have ever tasted. I am usually pretty tolerant of waxy, slight chemical taste, but this is on a whole new level. It is pretty bad and it is pretty strong. It's making me sick and I really don't like it! I think this lipstick is moisturizing enough to go on normal and dry lip types. The color helps to fill in lines so that you cannot see them. Overall, this lipstick is not good. I don't like the color they chose, I don't like the smell, and I really don't like the taste it leaves in my mouth after I lick my lips. It's not good, there really are better cheaper lipsticks out there!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment