Monday, October 3, 2016

Lip Monthly, September 2014: Makeup by Cherimoya Lip Crayon in Coral

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the products I received through the beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly in September 2014. As far as I am aware Lip Monthly has actually been holding on this whole time, probably because they are $10.00 monthly, especially if you sign up for multiple months at a time. I received a deal where if I signed up for 4 months at the same time, I got the first box for like $2.99 or $5.99 and then it was $10 for the other 3 months so it ended up being like $35.00 for 4 months. I was really excited. If you make a video about it and submit it then you get points that you could eventually use towards their online store purchase or something. I'm sure a lot has changed in the last year or 2. I did find their facebook page. One difference I did notice going through their facebook page is that they used to send out 4 lip products and 1 other random beauty related product but none lip item. I noticed now they only send out 4 products, but some of them appear to maybe be full size now instead of samples. Don't quote me on that, but from a quick look that's what I noticed.

I am so disappointed in me because I always kept the insert in the bag like a smart person, but I guess I must have taken it out to use it and forgot to put it back. Fortunately, I took a picture of it so I can see what the descriptions are and the supposed prices of the items. In this specific blog I am going to be talking about Makeup by Cherimoya Lip Crayon in Coral. I used it a couple of times to see what the pigment would look like and the second time I used it I guess I pressed too hard and the crayon broke! Yikes! I have never heard of this brand and I'm not entirely sure I know how to pronounce the last part of it. But I love lip products and am willing to try it out.

Description:
Makeup by Cherimoya Lip Crayon
Buy online at our shop retail $8.00

Rating:

Price: 6/10
Package: 6/10
Amount of product: 7/10
Pigment: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 9/10
Smell: 8/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Different lip types: 9/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I purchase: 3/10
Total rating: 90/120=75%=C

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
The insert says that this lip crayon is worth $8.00 and honestly I don't know anyone who would pay $8.00 for this lip crayon. I would not pay that much. If it was $1.00 or $2.00 for the color I would consider. The packaging is cute on the outside, they made it look like a crayon and they put the color of it on the packaging. But I don't like the packaging because it breaks too easily. On my second or third attempt at putting it on the crayon broke. You do get a decent amount of product, but not for the price. The pigment of this lip crayon is actually pretty good and it is somewhat buildable. I was very surprised at how pigmented and how beautiful the color is. The pigment does look a bit chalky on the lips though. I would say for longevity it lasts about the same as any other lip products that are not long wearing. I was also surprised about the application of this product too because it was surprising smooth and creamy. It looks like chalk on the lips, but it doesn't feel like chalk. It didn't feel like I was applying chalk on my lips, but it definitely looked like it. It also applied fairly evenly. The actual application of this product was difficult because it kept trying to fall out of the packaging. The smell of the lip crayon does smell like an actual crayola crayon. It smells waxy, but not over powering, especially after applied to the lips. It does have a bit of a waxy, chemical like after taste, but it's not as bad as some others I have experienced. Another pleasant surprise was that the texture of this product does not feel chalky or grainy or anything. Mine is surprisingly smooth and creamy. At first it seems moisturizing, but once it starts drying on the lips it dries a little bit. I feel like normal and dry lips can wear this product without too many problems. Overall, I found a few very pleasant surprised with this product. This product is smooth, creamy, applies evenly, has good beautiful pigment, is buildable, looks chalky but does not feel chalky at all, and surprisingly moisturizing at the beginning. The negatives were that the product broke, difficult to apply broken product, the smell and taste were off, and it looks very chalky. I personally would not repurchase this lip crayon for $8.00 that is way too much. If this product is on sale for $1.00 or $2.00 then I might consider because I think the color is pretty. I might try using this product over a long lasting lip product because it might last longer and it might be good over lip primer or a long lasting lip product.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment