Thursday, October 6, 2016

Lip Monthly, October 2014: Noyah Lip Balm in Cherry

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the beauty items I received from Lip Monthly for the month of October 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service for $10.00 a month. If you sign up for multiple months at a time you get the first bag for $2.99 or $5.99 and then $10.00 each for the following months. I ended up spending a total of about $35.00.

In today's blog I am going to be talking about Noyah Lip Balm in Cherry scent. I have no idea who or what Noyah is. I am usually not a big fan of receiving lip balms because they are all pretty much the same and usually are not pigmented. I was excited to try it. What made me really excited about this product is that I love cherry flavor and smell on my lip balms. I've always gone for the cherry scented ones. The fact that they scent it in cherry is awesome to me!

Description:

Noyah Balm: moisturizing is also essential when it come to creating flawless application. Apply this all-natural balm and let it sink in for as long as you can. Remove it prior to applying the lipstick for longer-lasting results.
There is no price on the insert.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 6/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 9/10
Texture: 9/10
Moisturizing: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 7/10
Total rating: 98/110=89.09%=89.1%=B

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments:
The Lip Monthly insert did not include the price so I went on the official Noyah website and it says it is $3.99. That's a bit high for a lip balm than I am usually willing to pay, but the chapstix or blistex lip balm that I have smelled in cherry smelled like fake chemical cherry. This product actually smells like a bowl of cherries and it smells delicious! It smells like sweet and cherries <3 Oh my gosh, I don't know how this happened, but the lip balm melted inside of the tube! The packaging is simple, but cute, but some how the product melted inside of it so when I try to twist the product up, it just comes up all mushy. NOOOO! You do not know how sad that makes me. I'm going to put it in the frig and see if I can get it back to a solid. The packaging says it has 4.25 grams of product and I think that is a decent amount for a lip balm. Lip Balms don't usually have pigment and this one doesn't and I'm totally okay with that! The longevity of this product is the same as any lip balm or lip product. It lasts depending on what you do with it such as licking your lips, eating, drinking, etc. For smell of this product, I would probably say like a 50/10, lol. I absolutely love it. The taste of the lip gloss has a bit of a sweet waxy taste. It is not horrible, but it does not taste anywhere near what it smells... it's not overwhelming or gross though so I like that. The texture of this lip balm is usually smooth and even, but since it melted, it went on kind of chunky, but I was able to smooth it out by continuing to rub it in. This lip balm is super moisturizing. Overall, this is a very nice natural lip gloss that I absolutely love because it tastes and smells natural. It's super moisturizing. I can definitely see myself purchasing this item, especially in the winter months when I wear chapstick.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment