Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Lip Monthly, November 2014: City Color Shadow and Highlight in White Gold

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing products I received in my beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly for November 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service that is $10.00 a month and focuses on lip products. They used to give 3-4 lip products and 1 non-lip product. I am not sure if they still do that or not, but I did notice that they went from giving 5 products to now giving 4 products in each bag.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing City Color Shadow and Highlight mousse in White Gold. I have never heard of the City Color Cosmetics brand and I was not very excited about this product because I would personally probably not use it as a highlighter. As I said in my IPSY November 2014 blog with the TEMPTU highlighter that I don't think highlighters look good on me with my skin color and tone and I definitely don't think that white gold would look good on me. I would try it out as a shadow and see how it goes. I am weary of this product because I prefer waterproof makeup, especially around or in my eyes, but I am definitely willing to give this product a try!

Description:

MMU City Color Cosmetics
White Gold Shadow and Highlight Mousse
Full size $4.00

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Application: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
Highlighting: 9/10
As an eye shadow: 10/10
Different skin types: 10/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I purchase: 6/10
Total rating: 109/120=90.83%=90.8%= A

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
I think the price of this highlighter for $4.00 is a decent price. If I was interested in highlighters I could see myself being interested in a $4.00 one. The packaging is super cute! The packaging comes in a clear strong plastic separated in the middle with a gold color box. The product sits on top of the gold box and you can see through the clear package to see inside. The actual package of the product is simple, but cute. I like the heart on the lid. You twist it open and on the inside they have a plastic over type thing that goes inside the container probably to make sure the product doesn't leak which is cool. It's a really cool experience opening this product up. The application of this product is okay but not entirely smooth. The product does kind of stick and you have to try to get the product evenly distributed. The product doesn't claim to be long wearing or water proof. It does wipe off fairly easy, but a golden residue is left behind. Not all of it comes off with a swipe or two. The texture of the product feels a bit on the thick side, but once rubbed in, it doesn't weight you down so you can't feel the product. There is a bit of a chemical smell, but it is so light that its' not overpowering and it doesn't bother me when I apply it to my face or eyes. This product goes on thick and white, but as you blend it out it turns a golden color, but still stays on the face. In certain light you can see the shimmer bouncing off to create a highlight. This highlighter is described as being an eye shadow also and that is what I see myself using this product for. I think it looks really good as an eye shadow. I would definitely wear it. It would also be good for going under the eye brow. This product is a bit on the thick side so I think it should be able to be used with normal to dry skin types. I would advice those with oily lids to use a really good primer underneath and it should be good to last a while. Overall, this mousse is a bit on the thick side, but can be blended out some what so that it is not a glob on the eye lid and I like how it goes from white to golden color. I'm not a big fan of the texture and I probably wouldn't use this item as a highlighter. Highlighters don't look good on my skin color or skin tone and this highlighter that turns gold really does make me look like a prince's fairy godmother. It's pretty, but it is a bit much. This would be a good eye shadow for when going out on New Year's Eve. I would purchase this product, but only to use as an eye shadow and not the intended purpose of highlighting.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment