Monday, October 3, 2016

Lip Monthly, September 2014: Pur-lisse Pur Moist Hydra-Balance Moisturizer

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the products I received through the beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly in September 2014. As far as I am aware Lip Monthly has actually been holding on this whole time, probably because they are $10.00 monthly, especially if you sign up for multiple months at a time. I received a deal where if I signed up for 4 months at the same time, I got the first box for like $2.99 or $5.99 and then it was $10 for the other 3 months so it ended up being like $35.00 for 4 months. I was really excited. If you make a video about it and submit it then you get points that you could eventually use towards their online store purchase or something. I'm sure a lot has changed in the last year or 2. I did find their facebook page. One difference I did notice going through their facebook page is that they used to send out 4 lip products and 1 other random beauty related product but none lip item. I noticed now they only send out 4 products, but some of them appear to maybe be full size now instead of samples. Don't quote me on that, but from a quick look that's what I noticed.

I am so disappointed in me because I always kept the insert in the bag like a smart person, but I guess I must have taken it out to use it and forgot to put it back. Fortunately, I took a picture of it so I can see what the descriptions are and the supposed prices of the items. In this specific blog I am going to be talking about Pur-lisse Pur Moist Hydra-Balance Moisturizer for normal-dry, sensitive, anti-aging. I have never heard of this brand before and I'm not sure I am pronouncing it correctly. I was fairly disappointed in receiving this product for the face in my lip beauty subscription box, but I decided to give it a try.

Description:
Monthly Mix Up Pur-lisse Daily Moisturizer
Buy online at our shop retail $18.00

Rating:

Price: 6/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 6/10
Application: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
On sensitive skin: 10/10
Different skin types: 10/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I purchase: 0/10
Total rating: 78/100=78%=C

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
I think the price is outrageous! On the official website you get a tube of 1.7 fluid ounces for $55.00 currently on sale for $30.00 at that point in time I would go to my local Clinique counter and buy their moisturizer. I love Clinique's and it is my go to moisturizer! The packaging is simple, but cute. It is a tube where you squeeze the product out onto your finger and then apply to the face. I have not had any problems with the package leaking product or anything. You get 0.5 fluid ounces for $18.00 which is not a lot of product for the money. I can somewhat see through the packaging and half of the packaging is empty. Only half of the tube is full. I don't know if they add the rest of it when you buy the 1.7 fluid ounces so they use the actual packaging and just put in a little bit for the sample. I might be able to squeeze two to three uses out of it. The application of this product is smooth and even. I don't mind using my finger to apply the product. The texture of this product is a bit thick when you put it on, but as you rub it in it gets lighter and as it dries you can't feel it at all. The smell of this product is very difficult to describe. It smells like earth/leaves. It is an interesting smell, not good or bad, just different. Once it dries you can't smell it anymore. So far I have not experienced any allergic reactions or irritations on my sensitive skin so I am going to go ahead and say that it does pass the sensitive skin test! I think because this product is thick initially it can go on many different skin types. Oily, normal, and dry should all be able to use this product without problems. This product dries into the skin so it doesn't sit on top like some moisturizers. Overall, I can't predict the future so I cannot tell if it works as an anti-aging product because I don't have enough product and I am not about to spend $55.00 or $30.00 on it! I don't like the price. It will take a few months to determine if it actually works or not. The smell is funky, it's not offensively bad, but it's not good either. It smells like leaves. That's the only way I know to describe it. I would not purchase this item. I would go to my favorite Clinique which is half the price and it works for me. If I keep getting free samples of it then I would definitely test it out to see what it does.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment