Tuesday, October 18, 2016

IPSY, January 2015: Hikari Eye Liner in Storm

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about products that I received in my IPSY bag for January 2015. IPSY is a beauty subscription service that costs $10.00 a month, but they usually have a deal where if you buy a full year then you get $10.00 so you get 1 month free. I just went through the IPSY beauty quiz and they have added a lot of options on there. It's a bit overwhelming. IPSY might be taking the beauty quiz a lot more seriously now because they ask a lot of detailed questions about colors and stuff. That would be really cool! I just logged into my old IPSY account and I can't find anything that confirms whether or not IPSY still has a waitlist or not. I would have to set it up. I don't remember it being like that with the waitlist so I would assume there isn't one, but you never know. I was just looking at their past bags and I am so jealous in October 2016 some very lucky people got the coveted It's a 10 hair product. I probably would not have been one of them, but that kind of makes me wish I was still subscribed to this service.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing Hikari Eye Liner in Storm. I was excited when I saw that I got an eye liner, but I was disappointed because I have to have waterproof/long wearing/long lasting makeup because of my oily lids and product leaking into my eyes causing a lot of problems. I was pleasantly surprised that this eye liner is a retractable pencil instead of an actual pencil that you have to sharpen. I prefer the plastic pencils where you twist to get the product out. I so wish this was a waterproof eye liner because praise the Lord, it is not red. If you have been reading my reviews of products all of the beauty subscription services for like 4 months straight sent me a ton of red or reddish or a form of red. This color appears to be a dark grey color. I am so excited that it is not red! lol. It looks really cool.

IPSY does not include descriptions or prices on their insert.

Rating:

Price: 6/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 6/10
Pigment: 6/10
Application: 6/10
Texture: 10/10
Different lid types: 6/10
Overall rating: 6/10
Would I purchase: 0/10
Total rating: 66/100=66%=D

My personal rating: 5/10=50%=F

Comments:
According to the official Hikari website, this eye liner is $13.00. I was actually really surprised at how much they want for it because mine doesn't work well. I love the packaging. I always tend to go for eye and lip pencil products that come in a plastic case, that is retractable so you can twist the package to get the product in or out instead of having to deal with sharpening a pencil, and I tend to like the liners better because most of the time they are creamier. Unfortunately, this pencil product feels dry and drying. You do get a decent amount of product in the packaging, but I personally would not pay $13.00 for this. The longevity of this product is none existent since I can barely get it on. I think that this product would not last around my eyes because it would rub off easily or leak into my eyes. The product is very easy to rub off my eyes, but not my hand, go figure! The pigment of this product on my hand the first time the pigment is light, but the second time of going over it the pigment payoff is good. On my eyes no matter how hard I press I can barely get any on my lash line! It is very frustrating! I have to say that the pigment of this product is not good! The application of this product I would expect to be smooth, creamy, and even, but it is not at all. I almost stabbed myself in the eye from pressing so hard to try to get the product on. Yikes! No thanks. The product on my hand applies uneven. The texture of the product doesn't feel bad or heavy or anything. The only reason why it hurts is because I have to scratch my lash line to try to get the product on. But the product itself doesn't hurt. On different eye lid types I think that normal might be able to use this product, but dry and oily should be careful. On oily eye lids this product will just slide off if you can even get it on in the first place. On dry eye lids the product probably wouldn't even go on and if it does would be super patchy and uneven. I really wanted to like this product and if it was described as long wearing and it just dried out I would be a little bit more understanding, but this eye liner is not good at all. Overall, the eye liner product is dry and difficult to work with on the lash line. I love the color and I was excited to try a dark grey color on my eyes, especially since I have blue eyes, but this product would not go on around my eyes at all. I am really disappointed. I would not buy this product.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment