Friday, October 14, 2016

Lip Monthly, December 2014: LA Girl Endless Semi-Permanent Auto Lipliner in Mauvelous

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the products I received from the beauty subscription service called Lip month for the month of December 2014. Lip Monthly is a lip focused beauty subscription service that costs $10.00 a month if you jump on their deals. Lip Monthly used to give 4 lip products and 1 non-lip product. This December bag was the only bag that I had not received 5 products in. That was a bit disappointing, but this bag came with only lip products which was cool. They were all full sized which is even cooler.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing LA Girl Endless Semi-Permanent Auto Lipliner in Mauvelous. When I saw this product and and that it said it was semi-permanent and claims on the packaging that it is long lasting, all day wear, I was like, YES! I'm not entirely sure what semi-permanent means because then it claims to be able to be worn all day so I'm not sure how that would make it semi-permanent, but I didn't care because I love semi-permanent, waterproof, long wearing, long lasting makeup products! It felt like Lip Monthly knew me, lol. I was a bit disappointed with the color because it comes up a matte dark red on my lips. As you have read by now every beauty subscription service for 4 months had been sending some kind red or redish beauty product. I don't usually wear a lot of red so this makes it interesting of how I am going to use the products without using a lot of red. I also was really excited because I love retractable pencils not the pencils you have to sharpen. Kudos to semi-permanent and kudos to retractable =-)

Description:

LA Girl
Automatic liner $5.00

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Application: 9/10
Smell: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Taste: 6/10
Different lip types: 9/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 9/10
Total rating: 111/120=92.5%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I think the price of this product isn't bad. It's a bit more than I would like to pay for a lip liner, but with the features that it is of not having to sharpen it you just twist the package and the product comes out, I am willing to spend a couple bucks more for that! The packaging is cute and I love it. As I have mentioned that I love retractable liners because they are a lot easier for me to work with. The product I find tends to be creamier and easier to apply too. I think that you definitely get a decent amount of product even for the price. It's a couple of inches of product. The longevity of this product seems decent. I outlined my lips and put a Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss on it and it looks really good together. I like it. It has stayed on with the gloss. Before I put the Milani lip gloss on it I put this lip liner on and then I put the Magnolia lip product on and it helped the Magnolia product stay inside the lines of my lips and it lasted too. I this this lip liner has staying power. The pigment of this lip liner is pretty dark, it's a dark red matte color. I could definitely see the lip liner on my lips but it doesn't outshine the lip product you apply with it because of the more dull color. The application of this product is fairly smooth, although, there were a couple of times the product didn't want to transfer to my lips so I had to press a little harder to get it on, but otherwise it's smooth and easy. I can't find any offensive or strong smell on this product, so if there is one there, it is not picked up by my nose. I don't think it has a smell though. The texture of this product is smooth, I wouldn't say creamy, but smooth. I like it. The one thing I really don't like about this lip liner is that I put it on my lips and then licked my lips and the product tastes awful. It definitely tastes like bad chemicals. That's too bad because there is no smell like there is taste. It tastes like an old stale pencil. My lips are on the dry side from reviewing so many lip products the past few weeks from my beauty subscription services. I definitely did some damage and they are a bit on the dry side. I think this product goes on well from normal to dry lips. It might not want to put product down, but just apply a little pressure and it should go. It's not perfect, but it does a good job. It's not streaky at all. It doesn't apply unevenly unless in some spots depending on the angle and how dry it is. Overall, I am really happy with this pencil. I like the dull matte but dark red pigment, I wish they did give me a different color than red, but that's okay I can make it work. I would definitely purchase this product to test out other lip liner colors!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment