Thursday, October 13, 2016

IPSY, December 2014: Bumble and Bumble Bb Straight Blow Dry for Coarse/Curly/Frizzy Hair

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing products that I received in my beauty subscription service called IPSY for December 2014. IPSY is a beauty subscription service that costs $10.00 a month or I think if you purchase all 12 months at the same time you get one month free. Unfortunately, since this service is so coveted, they usually have waitlists. I was on the waitlist for at least a month or month and a half before I had the opportunity to bypass the waitlist if I allowed IPSY to post on my facebook and I subscribed to a bunch of youtube videos. I was glad to do it to get off the list. You get decent sized products and I have always received at least 5 products in my bags. IPSY does have a beauty quiz that you take and you can review products that is supposed to help customize your bag, but I guess doing it for 4 months wasn't enough for it to get customized or they don't pay attention to the beauty quiz. I eventually cancelled my service because they were sending me a hand lotion, a face product, and a hair product in one bag and then two items may or may not be what I wanted to actually try.  I did not request any of those products on my quiz. It was really disappointing. I also have specific needs when it comes to eyes my mascaras and eye liners have to be waterproof otherwise it causes a lot of problems.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing Bumble and Bumble Bb Straight Blow Dry balm for coarse, curly or frizzy hair. When I saw this product I was really disappointed because I don't blow dry my hair, I let it air dry, and I guess I could fall under the category of having frizzy hair so I could use it if I really wanted to, but I just don't. The packaging came in the envelope because it does not fit in the tiny bag. I thought maybe it was an extra item or something really cool, but that led to disappointment. I'm pretty sure I considered doing a giveaway for this product. I didn't sign up to receive hair samples so that was a thumbs down. I was also getting a lot of brushes, but that could have been my fault because I did specify on the quiz that I wanted to try beauty tools. I don't think I have ever reviewed a blow dry product before so please bear with me!

IPSY does not include descriptions or prices of items.
But the Bumble and Bumble product came with it's own insert that on the front reads, "Bumble and Bumble. Prepare to be Blown Away." On left side: make short work of smoothing and frizz-fighting rituals with this heat-protective styling balm that keeps blow dries soft and sleek for up to 3 days. On the right side: to create your perfect style, work evenly through damp hair then blow-dry with your favorite Bb. Brush. Start small (try a dime-sized amount) then build as necessary. Bottom middle: Straight. Blow Dry. For coarse, curly, frizzy hair. Visit www.bumbleandbumble.com for video blow-dry tips from Bb. Stylists. The product is glued to the center of the writing.
On the other side it reads: Bumble and Bumble. Get the best Blow Dry, Cut, and Color in town. BB. Network Salons across the country are home to exceptional hairdressers schooled in our philosophy of cut, color and styling. Chances are, there's one near you. Find your Bb. Network Salon at Bbsalonsnearyou.com

Rating:

Price: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 8/10
Smell: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
On different hair types, specifically frizz: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 5/10
Total rating: 86/100=86%=86%=B

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments:
On the official Bumble and Bumble website this product is listed for 2 fluid ounces for $15.00 or 5 fluid ounces for $30.00 which The $15.00 sounds better to me, but you do get a decent amount of product. My hair is on the long side so it probably would only give me a few uses, but for shorter hair it would probably be a decent amount. Lets just say I have seen worse than $30.00 for a hair product. The packaging is cute and is a squeeze tube to get the product out. I think the amount of product for the price is decent for this hair product. I do like that you get two choices for how much you want to spend on this product. Honestly, I don't even know what to look for when it comes to blow drying products. The smell of the product in the packaging smells like bad soap chemicals. On the actual hair it smells pretty strongly, you can definitely smell the product in the hair, but at least it smells like flowery soap instead of chemical soap. The texture of this product is a bit on the thicker side, I wasn't expecting a cream, not sure why, but it smooth and it doesn't feel heavy. It doesn't appear to dry crunchy. The application of this product is smooth and even, especially when applying to wet hair. The longevity of this product they say that it is supposed to keep you frizz free for up to 3 days. I think that is awesome. This product seems to work well with and on frizzy hair. I'm sorry I don't have coarse or curly hair so I cannot speak on that. I think it should work well and it seems like a product that would. Overall, this product seems like it would be worth the money, unfortunately, those of us who wear our hair long or super long this product could get expensive. I require a lot of product in my hair to get it all the way through. The price for me is definitely an issue. In the packaging the product smells awful, but as you rub it in your hair it comes alive and smells like a flowery soap and even though it is on the strong side, it is not offensive to me. When hair products smell sometimes I get sick, but this is a nice pleasant aroma. I am definitely interested in this product. The only reason why I hesitate on this product is because of the cost. This product could get quite expensive very easily with long hair.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment