Tuesday, October 18, 2016

IPSY, January 2015: Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow in Treasure

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about products that I received in my IPSY bag for January 2015. IPSY is a beauty subscription service that costs $10.00 a month, but they usually have a deal where if you buy a full year then you get $10.00 so you get 1 month free. I just went through the IPSY beauty quiz and they have added a lot of options on there. It's a bit overwhelming. IPSY might be taking the beauty quiz a lot more seriously now because they ask a lot of detailed questions about colors and stuff. That would be really cool! I just logged into my old IPSY account and I can't find anything that confirms whether or not IPSY still has a waitlist or not. I would have to set it up. I don't remember it being like that with the waitlist so I would assume there isn't one, but you never know. I was just looking at their past bags and I am so jealous in October 2016 some very lucky people got the coveted It's a 10 hair product. I probably would not have been one of them, but that kind of makes me wish I was still subscribed to this service.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow in Treasure. At first I was really excited about this product because I like testing out eye shadows and finding good ones. I also love seeing what colors there are. I will admit that when I saw that this was a mineral eye shadow I was not as excited because my eyes are sensitive to products and from past experienced when I used mineral eye shadows they didn't last because I have very oily lids and the product would slide off into my eyes causing other problems. I'm reserved about this product. Although, I just tested out the Cailyn Eye Polish which is also a mineral eye shadow and that one really surprised me because it lasted a lot longer than most mineral eye shadows do on me. The awesome part is that it lasted well both with and without eye primer. The Cailyn Eye Polish restored my excitement that there are good mineral eye shadows out there that are beautiful in color that I can wear! I've heard a lot of good things about Pacifica as a brand and Pacifica as an eye shadow. I am trying to not get too excited because I don't want to get super disappointed.

IPSY does not include descriptions or prices in their insert.

Rating:

Price: 5/10
Packaging: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment on fingers: 10/10
Pigment on eye lids: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Blendability: 10/10
Different eye lids: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 3/10
Total rating: 105/120=87.5%=B

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments:
According to the official www.pacificabeauty.com website they don't sell this as an individual eye shadow, but it comes as part of a palette that costs $32.00 but does come with a bronzer, a blush, 3 highlighters and 6 eye shadows. Since you can only buy it in a palette I have to use the $32.00. That is way too much. You would pretty much have to invest in the palette but it does come with a ton of different products. The palette is definitely an investment. The packaging of the sample is cute, but feels very flimsy and easily breakable. I took a point off for that. In the sample you get a decent amount of product. In the palette it seems like you get a decent amount of product too. The pigment on the fingers is beautiful. Much to my surprise the pigment actually transferred from the package to my finger to my eye lid. I was really shocked by how well the pigment went on the eye lid, especially a mineral one. I have been wearing it for about a half hour and it still looks the same even though I do have oily eye lids. That is a very good surprise! The longevity of the product is that I think even though it doesn't claim to be long wearing/long lasting/waterproof, especially for a mineral eye shadow, this eye shadow has some lasting power. I think with a really good primer this should last a while. The application was super smooth and even and easy. The texture of the eye shadow is smooth/creamy and light weight. I think this eye shadow blends really well and blends with other eye shadows. I have super oily eye lids so as soon as a product goes on my eye it is guaranteed to come off and quickly. Usually I start noticing a product starts fading, but I have not noticed this product doing that even without primer. I think different eye lid types from normal to oily to dry should be able to use them. Overall, this is a really nice eye shadow. The color is beautiful and the pigment actually goes on the eye lid. Even though this eye shadow is not waterproof, it does seem to have staying power. The two things that bug me is 1. that you can't buy it individually and 2. they want you to buy a $32.00 palette to get it. If I was going to buy one palette I would buy this one because of that eye shadow and the color. Plus it comes with 5 other eye shadows that look beautiful too so I would love to test out the colors of the other eye shadows! I can't see myself going out and buying this palette just for this eye shadow, but if I were to invest in a palette I would highly consider getting this palette.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment