Monday, October 3, 2016

Lip Monthly, September 2014: Jesse's Girl Cosmetics Nail Polish in Anthony by Julie G.

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the products I received through the beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly in September 2014. As far as I am aware Lip Monthly has actually been holding on this whole time, probably because they are $10.00 monthly, especially if you sign up for multiple months at a time. I received a deal where if I signed up for 4 months at the same time, I got the first box for like $2.99 or $5.99 and then it was $10 for the other 3 months so it ended up being like $35.00 for 4 months. I was really excited. If you make a video about it and submit it then you get points that you could eventually use towards their online store purchase or something. I'm sure a lot has changed in the last year or 2. I did find their facebook page. One difference I did notice going through their facebook page is that they used to send out 4 lip products and 1 other random beauty related product but none lip item. I noticed now they only send out 4 products, but some of them appear to maybe be full size now instead of samples. Don't quote me on that, but from a quick look that's what I noticed.

I am so disappointed in me because I always kept the insert in the bag like a smart person, but I guess I must have taken it out to use it and forgot to put it back. Fortunately, I took a picture of it so I can see what the descriptions are and the supposed prices of the items. In this specific blog I am going to be talking about Jesse's Girl Cosmetics Nail Polish in Anthony. I swear on the bottle it looks like it says, "Julie G." I looked up the website and the website is Jesse's Girl Cosmetics, but on the bottles it looks like "Julie G." Maybe Jesse's Girl Cosmetics and Julie G. teamed up together to create this nail polish, but then why wouldn't they put that on the bottle? Very strange. I was really excited because it looks like a coral color and I want to try coral, but was always too afraid to invest the money in it in case I didn't like it. I loved the coral lip crayon and I'm loving this coral nail polish. I don't think I have reviewed a nail polish before, if I did it was only once and a very long time ago. Please bear with me.

Description:
Jesse's Girl Cosmetics Nail Polish
Buy online at our shop retail $3.99

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Application: 8/10
Formula: 7/10
Drying time: 10/10
Clomping: 10/10
Chipping: 7/10
Smell: 9/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 9/10
Total rating: 108/120= 90%=A

My personal rating: 8.5/10=85%=B

Comments:
For a nail polish I think $3.99 is a decent price for this product. The packaging is a bit on the small side, but the packaging comes in a square bottle with a nail polish wand in the cap that you twist off to open the product. It's very cute. You can see through the clear bottle to see the color of the product inside. It does the job and I have not experienced the packaging leaking or anything. The bottle says that you get 0.35 fluid ounces in the tiny bottle which seems like a decent amount for me even for the price. The first layer of the pigment is a bit on the light side, but if you wait for the layers to dry you can build up the pigment to your preference. It's kind of obnoxious when you have to do it that way, but it is doable. The pigment is pretty, but comes off matte. You can put a clear coat over the top of it to make it shiny if that is what you like. You get to decide whether you want a nice light pretty coral color or if you want to add layers to bring out the bright coral color. I think it's nice that you get a choice. The application of this product is smooth and easy if you use nice even strokes. It is easy to mess up the nails with this nail polish and this color is kind of unforgiving if you leave it the light coral color. If you build it up you can hide some of the mistakes. I think the formula of this product is okay, but it does come off a bit watery so you have to be careful of drips and you have to be careful how you apply it to the nail because it could give too much product and then it makes it a bit difficult to work with. The formula does seem to dry fairly quickly which can be a good or bad thing. If you work a bit quickly then it's good, but if it dries while you are still painting it is going to appear uneven. The drying time on this nail polish is within 30 seconds to a minute which is actually a lot better than I expected from this nail polish. So it does dry fairly quickly. This formula is a bit on the thin side so I have not experienced any problems with the nail polish clomping on me. It's too thin to clomp up. I think this nail polish is going to chip easily, but one way to help that would be to buy a separate really good clear top coat to put over it so that it might last longer. The more layers you put on the show a brighter color the more likely the chipping will occur without some kind of a good clear top coat over it. In the bottle this nail polish gives off a fairly chemical smell that is unpleasant, but once you put it on your nails and the nail polish dries, it is not as strong and noticeable. It definitely smells like nail polish. Overall, this seems like a really cute nail polish. I like and don't like that the first layer is so light, but the positive of that is if someone just wants a cute, simple, matte coral color they can do that or it can be built up with layers to a brighter more pigmented coral color. It depends on what you like and what you are looking for. I personally don't mind it. The formula is a bit on the thin side so you have to be careful with it, but the good news is that it dries fairly quickly. The nail polish is not too thick and it doesn't weigh down the nails, even when layering the nail polish. I absolutely love this color and I think I can definitely see myself maybe next Summer purchasing this nail color if they still carry it. I am in love with the color! The price isn't bad either. The only down side is the more you layer the more nail polish you use and the quicker it can be used up.

I would recommend using a good clear top coat over this nail polish because it only lasts a few days before it starts chipping off.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment